Join the 1,000 firms saving an average of 75% off their Level 1 fees
NASDAQ Basic is a proprietary data product that provides a faster, lower-cost, easier-to-administer alternative to the UTP Level 1 and CTA products. NASDAQ Basic offers Best Bid and Offer and Last Sale information for all U.S. exchange-listed securities based on liquidity within the NASDAQ market center, as well as trades reported to the FINRA/NASDAQ Trade Reporting FacilityTM (TRFTM). NASDAQ has more U.S. equity liquidity than any other U.S. exchange, making this product a reliable and accurate source for real-time, intraday trade and quote data.
- Cost Savings – Save an average of 75% off Level 1 fees with flexible pricing options focused on lower per-user rates.
- Upgrade Delayed Users – NASDAQ Basic is an affordable way to upgrade anyone at your firm still using delayed data.
- Administrative Savings – Consolidate all of your U.S. exchange data into one easy-to-administer feed.
- Faster Access – Get data directly from NASDAQ and avoid the latency of data from the Securities Information Processor (SIP) and Consolidated Tape Association (CTA).
- Flexible Implementation Options – Can be deployed in a wide variety of investor tools including Watch Lists, Portfolio Trackers, Equity Top Ten Lists, Dynamic Tickers, Alerts, Intraday Charts, among others.
NASDAQ Basic provides the following key data elements for all U.S. exchange-listed equities:
- NASDAQ Last Sale (NLS) – Real-time tick-by-tick price and size information for orders executed within the NASDAQ execution system as well as trades reported to the FINRA/NASDAQ TRF.
- NASDAQ BBO (QBBO) – Real-time best bid and offer, with associated size, available within the NASDAQ market center.
- NASDAQ Opening and Closing Prices – The NASDAQ Official Opening Price (NOOP) and NASDAQ Official Closing Price (NOCP)—the industry standard reference prices—based on the NASDAQ Opening and Closing Crosses and the NASDAQ IPO/Halt Crosses.
- Other Value-added Data – Includes market status information including Stock Directory, Emergency Market Condition (EMC) event messages, System Status and Trading Halt information for NASDAQ-, NYSE-, NYSE MKT, NYSE Arca and other regional exchange-listed issues.
- Data Feed Request Form - Required for all firms
- NASDAQ OMX Global Data Agreement - Required for all firms prior to initiation of the first NASDAQ OMX data service only
- System Application - Required for firms only if the data will be displayed or used in a system that is not yet approved by NASDAQ OMX
Market Data Vendors: NASDAQ Basic is available from the following vendors.
Don't see your data vendor? Contact them and ask for NASDAQ Basic to start saving an average of 75% off your Level 1 bills.
NASDAQ OMX Direct Data Feed Products: Trading firms and market data vendors may create a real-time display by processing direct NASDAQ OMX data feed products. NASDAQ Basic is offered as a Data Feed, Web Application and as a Webservice, which delivers data in XML format. For detailed technical documentation for NASDAQ OMX's direct products, please refer to the specifications page of the NASDAQ Trader website.
Enhance Your Basic Display with NLS Plus
In addition to the real-time data for NASDAQ and the FINRA/NASDAQ TRF that is already included in Basic, NLS Plus offers real-time trade-by-trade data from NASDAQ OMX BXSM (BXSM) and NASDAQ OMX PSXSM (PSXSM) trading venues. The NLS Plus feed also carries consolidated volume on a real-time basis for NASDAQ-listed securities and on a 15-minute delayed basis for NYSE-, NYSE MKT-, NYSE Arca- and other U.S. regional exchange-listed securities. By combining all NASDAQ OMX U.S. markets' last sale data with consolidated volume, NLS Plus provides customers with a comprehensive yet affordable data set to use in display products.
Agreements & Forms
To order this data on a stand-alone terminal/controlled display product, end users or end-user firms should contact their market data vendor for the appropriate agreements and forms.
To initiate this data on a data feed, firms must submit the appropriate documentation and receive prior approval from NASDAQ OMX:
For the complete list of NASDAQ OMX and UTP market data agreements and forms, please refer to the NASDAQ OMX Global Data Products Agreements and Forms page.
Product News & Updates
For the complete list of NASDAQ direct data feed changes, please refer to the NASDAQ Data Product Release Schedule.
FINRA™, Trade Reporting Facility™ and TRF™ are trademarks of Financial Industry Regulatory Authority.