Thursday, May 31, 2012
Data Technical News #2012 - 13
NASDAQ OMX Announces Enhancement to the NASDAQ Daily List and NASDAQ Fundamental Data Products
What you need to know:
What is changing?
Effective Friday, June 29, 2012, NASDAQ OMX will be adding a new Issue Sub-Type field to the NASDAQ Equity Daily List file formats to identify various structured products that are listed on NASDAQ. Please note that the new field will be included in both the CUSIP and Non-CUSIP versions of the NASDAQ Equity Daily List files.
In association with the NASDAQ Equity Daily List release, NASDAQ OMX will also be updating its list of allowable Issue Sub-Type values for cross-product consistency reasons.
As of June 29th, the allowable Issue Sub-Type field values for both the NASDAQ Daily List and NASDAQ Fundamental Data products will be:
|Issue Sub-Type Code||Definition|
|A||Preferred Trust Securities|
|CB *||Commodity-Based Trust Shares|
|CF *||Commodity Futures Trust Shares|
|CL *||Commodity-Linked Securities|
|CM *||Commodity Index Trust Shares|
|CT *||Currency Trust Shares|
|CU *||Commodity-Currency-Linked Securities|
|CW *||Currency Warrants|
|D||Global Depositary Shares|
|E||ETF-Portfolio Depositary Receipt|
|EG *||Equity Gold Shares|
|EI *||ETN-Equity Index-Linked Securities|
|FI *||ETN-Fixed Income-Linked Securities|
|FL *||ETN-Futures-Linked Securities|
|I||ETF-Index Fund Shares|
|IX *||Index-Linked Exchangeable Notes|
|K||Callable Common Stock|
|L||Contingent Litigation Right|
|LL||Identifies securities of companies that are set up as a Limited Liability Company (LLC)|
|MF *||Managed Fund Shares|
|ML||ETN-Multi-Factor Index-Linked Securities|
|MP *||Master Limited Partnership|
|MT *||Managed Trust Securities|
|N||NY Registry Shares|
|O||Open Ended Mutual Fund|
|P||Privately Held Security|
|PU *||Partnership Units|
|RC *||Commodity-Redeemable Commodity-Linked Securities|
|RF *||ETN-Redeemable Futures-Linked Securities|
|RU *||Commodity-Redeemable Currency-Linked Securities|
|TC *||Trust Certificates|
|TU *||Trust Units|
|V||Contingent Value Right|
|W||Trust Issued Receipts|
* Newly added Issue Sub Type value to the Fundamental Data report
What is the NASDAQ Daily List product?
The NASDAQ Daily List provides firms with advance notice of any database changes that can affect a firm's trading and data distribution. Subscribing to the Daily List offers advance notification of key corporate action data for NASDAQ-listed securities, including new listings, de-listings, symbol and name changes and dividends.
The Daily List is comprised of the following three data sets:
- NASDAQ Equity Data: Provides advance notification of new listings, de-listings, corporate name changes, trading symbol changes, market tier changes and Financial Status Indicator (FSI) changes that occur on The NASDAQ Global Select MarketSM, The NASDAQ Global MarketSM and The NASDAQ Capital Market®.
- Dividends: Provides advance notification of cash dividends, stock dividends and stock splits of NASDAQ, Over-the-Counter Bulletin Board (OTCBB) and other OTC securities.
- Next Day Ex-Date: Summarizes the securities with dividend adjustments to be applied to the previous closing price on the next business day.
The Daily List product is available with or without CUSIP data1.
What is the NASDAQ Fundamental Data report?
The NASDAQ Fundamental Data report provides security master and market summary statistics on a T+1 basis for NASDAQ, OTC Bulletin Board (OTCBB) and other Over-The-Counter (OTC) securities.
Where can I find the updated NASDAQ OMX file specification document?
The revised web-based data specification documents are currently available on the Web-Based Market Data Specifications page of the NASDAQ OMX Trader® website.>
Will this be a hot-cut release?
Yes. Effective Friday, June 29, 2012, NASDAQ OMX will only support the enhanced versions of the NASDAQ Equity Daily List file formats. While NASDAQ OMX is changing the file structure to add the Issue Sub-Type field, it will not be modifying the file naming conventions or FTP directory structure for the NASDAQ Daily List product as part of this release.
Given the nature of this release, NASDAQ OMX highly recommends that firms processing the NASDAQ Equity Daily List and NASDAQ Fundamental Data files check their codes to make sure that they can handle the new Issue Sub-Type values as of June 29th. To help firms prepare for the release, NASDAQ OMX will post sample data fields to the NASDAQ OMX Trader website prior to the release.
Will historical data be affected?
No, NASDAQ OMX will only modify the file formats on the NASDAQ Equity files posted on or after September 30, 2011. NASDAQ OMX will not update historical Daily List files to include the new data element.
How can I order the NASDAQ Daily List product?
To order this web-based data product, firms must submit the appropriate documentation and receive prior approval from NASDAQ OMX:
- Data Feed Request Form - Required for all firms
- NASDAQ OMX Global Data Agreement - Required for all firms prior to initiation of the first NASDAQ OMX data service only
- System Application - Required for firms only if the data will be displayed or used in a system that is not yet approved by NASDAQ OMX
For the complete list of NASDAQ OMX and UTP market data agreements and forms, please refer to the NASDAQ OMX Global Data Products Agreements and Forms page.
Where can I find additional information?
- Refer to the NASDAQ Daily List page on the NASDAQ OMX Trader website.
- Refer to the NASDAQ Fundamental Data page on the NASDAQ OMX Trader website.
- Refer to the Web-Based Market Data Specifications page on the NASDAQ OMX Trader website.
- Contact NASDAQ OMX Global Data Products at +1 301 978 5307 (Option #4).
Subscribe to Email Alerts:
NASDAQ OMX is offering customers the ability to self select news delivery across various NASDAQ OMX markets. Create and maintain a profile for updating alert preferences and contact information. Visit the enrollment form on the NASDAQ Trader website and sign up today! Please note that if you choose to unsubscribe from an email list, you may no longer receive potentially critical emails from the NASDAQ Stock Market regarding NASDAQ's trading and data products, regulatory issues or marketplace initiatives.