Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Data Technical News #2012 - 29
NASDAQ OMX Provides Information Regarding Upcoming NASDAQ Daily List and Fundamental Data Changes
- The NASDAQ Stock Market
- NASDAQ Daily List
- NASDAQ Fundamental Data
- NASDAQ OMX Global Data Products at +1 301 978 5307
What you need to know:
- The enhancements to the Daily List product have been postponed to Friday, November 30, 2012. The changes will not be effective on Friday, November 9, 2012 as originally announced in Data News #2012-18.
- New data fields will be added to the NASDAQ Equity with and Without CUSIP file formats.
- An enhanced NASDAQ Symbol Directory and a new Dual-Listed Securities file will be available on the secured Daily List website.
- The 'Index' field will be removed from all Daily List and Fundamental Data file formats and displays.
What enhancements will be made to the NASDAQ Daily List equities file formats?
Effective Friday, November 30, 2012, NASDAQ OMX will introduce five new fields in the NASDAQ Equity with and without CUSIP1 file formats. The new fields will be as follows:
- Country of Incorporation – Provides the country where the issuer of a NASDAQ-listed security was incorporated.
- Leveraged ETP Flag * – This field will be populated with a value of "Yes" for a leveraged NASDAQ-listed exchange-traded product (ETP).
- Leveraged ETP Ratio * – Indicates the ratio at which the leveraged ETP operates as compared to the underlying index.
- Inverse ETP Flag * – This field will be populated with a value of "Yes" to indicate an inverse NASDAQ-listed ETF.
- LULD Tier Indicator * – Indicates the tier that a security will be monitored in relation to the Limit Up-Limit Down rule.
* Please note: These new fields are in support of the Limit Up-Limit Down (LULD) rule and will not be populated until the implementation of the rule. The LULD rule is scheduled to be implemented on February 4, 2013, on a one-year pilot basis. For details, refer to the approval order on the SEC website.
What new files will be included in the Daily List?
In addition to the new data fields, two new files will be made available from the Daily List online display.
Enhanced Symbol Directory
NASDAQ OMX will include an enhanced version of the NASDAQ Symbol Directory on the Daily List online display. Along with the fields available in the current directory, the enhanced symbol directory will include:
- Country of Incorporation
- Leveraged ETP Flag
- Leveraged ETP Ratio
- Inverse ETP Flag
- LULD Tier Indicator
**Please note: CUSIP will only be available to those subscribers that are currently approved to receive CUSIP data.
*Please note: These new fields are in support of the Limit Up-Limit Down (LULD) rule and will not be populated until the implementation of the rule. The LULD rule is scheduled to be implemented on February 4, 2013, on a one-year pilot basis. For details, refer to the approval order on the SEC website.
Dual-Listed Securities File
NASDAQ OMX will include a file that lists the securities that are primarily listed on another U.S. exchange and dually-listed on the NASDAQ exchange. Please refer to the Daily List specifications for file format.
What field will no longer be supported?
The 'Index' field will be removed from the following Daily List and Fundamental data file formats (with and without CUSIP):
- NASDAQ Equities file formats
- NASDAQ Dividends file formats
- Next Day X-Dates file formats
- Fundamental Data file
Daily List and Fundamental Data subscribers should refer to NASDAQ's Global Index Watch (GIW) for the most recent and complete index-related information.
When will the data specification document and sample files be available?
The revised web-based data specification document and sample files (with and without CUSIP data) are available on the Web-Based Market Data Specifications page of the NASDAQ OMX Trader® website. The files are also provided below for your convenience:
- Complete Daily List Specifications
- NASDAQ Equities File (with CUSIP)
- NASDAQ Equities File (without CUSIP)
- Enhanced Symbol Directory (with CUSIP)
- Enhanced Symbol Directory (without CUSIP)
- Dual-Listed Securities File
Will this be a hot-cut release?
Yes, effective Friday, November 30, 2012, NASDAQ OMX will only support the enhanced versions of the NASDAQ Equity data sets for subscribing customers.
For those customers that access the data via the secure FTP service, the current file naming conventions will be unaffected by this change.
Will historical data be affected?
No, NASDAQ OMX will only modify the file formats on the NASDAQ Equity files and Fundamental Data files posted on or after November 30, 2012. NASDAQ OMX will not update historical Daily List or Fundamental Data files to include the new data elements.
How can I order the NASDAQ Daily List product?
To order these web-based data products, firms must submit the appropriate documentation and receive prior approval from NASDAQ OMX:
- Data Feed Request Form - Required for all firms
- NASDAQ OMX Global Data Agreement - Required for all firms prior to initiation of the first NASDAQ OMX data service only
- System Application - Required for firms only if the data will be displayed or used in a system that is not yet approved by NASDAQ OMX
For the complete list of NASDAQ OMX and UTP market data agreements and forms, please refer to the NASDAQ OMX Global Data Products Agreements and Forms page.
Where can I find additional information?
- For information regarding Limit Up Limit Down, please refer to the approval order on the SEC website.
- Refer to the NASDAQ Daily List product page on the NASDAQ OMX Trader website.
- Refer to the Web-Based Market Data Specifications page on the NASDAQ OMX Trader website.
- Contact NASDAQ OMX Global Data Products at +1 301 978 5307 (Option #4).
About the NASDAQ OMX Group: The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. is the world's largest exchange company. It delivers trading, exchange technology and public company services across six continents, with more than 3,600 listed companies. NASDAQ OMX offers multiple capital raising solutions to companies around the globe, including its U.S. listings market, NASDAQ OMX Nordic, NASDAQ OMX Baltic, NASDAQ OMX First North, and the U.S. 144A sector. The company offers trading across multiple asset classes including equities, derivatives, debt, commodities, structured products and exchange-traded funds. NASDAQ OMX technology supports the operations of over 70 exchanges, clearing organizations and central securities depositories in more than 50 countries. NASDAQ OMX Nordic and NASDAQ OMX Baltic are not legal entities but describe the common offering from NASDAQ OMX exchanges in Helsinki, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Iceland, Tallinn, Riga, and Vilnius. For more information about NASDAQ OMX, visit www.nasdaqomx.com.