Thursday, October 04, 2012
UTP Vendor Alert #2012 - 8
Updated 11/06/2012: UTP SIP Schedules Bandwidth Increase for UTP Data Feeds for January 2013
- UTP Quotation Data Feed (UQDF)
- UTP Trade Data Feed (UTDF)
- OTC Montage Data Feed (OMDF)
- NASDAQ OMX Global Data Products at +1 301 978 5307
What you need to know:
- The UTP Operating Committee (UTPOC) recently completed the second capacity analysis for 2012. Based on the results of this study and the ongoing efforts to improve the performance of the UTP Security Information Processor (UTP SIP), the UTP SIP will increase the bandwidth allocations for the UTP Data Feeds.
- All direct connect UTP subscribers, as well as extranet providers, should make plans to upgrade their data circuits by Monday, January 28, 2013.
- Updated 11/06/2012: The UTP SIP has scheduled weekend stress tests for Saturday, December 1, 2012 and Saturday, January 12, 2013.
- Updated 10/15/2012: Please note, the current bandwidth allocation for UTDF is 33.5 Mb, not 60 Mb as initially indicated.
What is changing?
The UTPOC recently completed the second capacity analysis for 2012. Based on the results of this study and the ongoing efforts to improve the performance of the UTP SIP, the UTP SIP will increase the bandwidth allocations for the UTP Data Feeds. The new allocations are as follows:
Updated 10/15/2012: Please note, the current bandwidth allocation for UTDF is 33.5 Mb, not 60 Mb as initially indicated.
|Data Feed||Current Bandwidth Allocation||New Bandwidth Allocation||Approximate Throughput Message Rate|
|UQDF||175.0 Megabits (Mb)||256.0 Mb||400,000 Messages Per Second (mps)|
|UTDF||33.5 Megabits (Mb)||101.0 Mb||150,000 mps|
|OMDF||512.0 Kilobits (Kb)||2.0 Mb||2,800 mps|
Please note that the bandwidth allocation stated is for a single multicast group. For fault tolerance reasons, the standard UTP configuration consists of both a primary and a back-up multicast group.
When will the new higher data rates be supported?
The UTP SIP plans to support the higher data rates beginning January 2013. Therefore, all firms should make the necessary network upgrades to accommodate the higher bandwidth allocation scheduled for implementation by Monday, January 28, 2013.
Will there be testing opportunities?
Updated 11/06/2012: Yes, in preparation for this bandwidth increase, the UTP SIP will be conducting weekend stress test on the following dates:
- Saturday, December 1, 2012
- Saturday, January 12, 2013
Direct data feed subscribers should use the weekend test to stress test their internal systems.
Where can I find information related to the quote and trade metrics?
The UTP SIP makes performance and bandwidth metrics available to the industry and on the web. Please visit the following sites for additional information:
Where can I find additional information?
- Refer to the UQDF specification document.
- Refer to the UTDF specification document.
- Refer to the OMDF specification document.
- Refer to the NASDAQ Extranet Contact List.
- For questions regarding the UTP Data Feeds, please contact NASDAQ OMX Global Data Products at +1 301 978 5307.