Nasdaq PHLX (PHLX)
Nasdaq PHLX (PHLX) trades equity options, index options and U.S. dollar-settled currency options on Nasdaq’s high-speed INET technology. PHLX offers a combination of cutting-edge electronic and floor-based trading, utilizing a customer-priority, pro rata allocation to ensure fast and efficient executions.
Features and Functionality
The PHLX trading system maximizes liquidity, encourages price competition and rapidly executes orders of all sizes. Operating on a state-of-the-art, high-performance and low-latency INET trading platform, PHLX offers sophisticated and innovative functionality to market participants.
- High-speed automated opening provides access to additional liquidity and superior execution quality by limiting the range of allowable opening prices and allowing layered Opening Sweeps.
- Complex Order System automates the process for handling and executing option orders of up to six legs, or five-legged options and one stock component. Click here for more details.
- Flexible Routing Strategies: By utilizing FIND, SRCH (Search) and DNR (Do Not Route), participants can control how their orders are routed.
- PIXL (Price Improvement on XL) is the electronic price improvement mechanism which allows an initiating member to submit a two-sided order into an auction process soliciting price improvement. PHLX uniquely allows all participants to respond to the auction and offers a "No-Worse-Than" price designation.
- Equity Options (including ETFs and HOLDRS)
- FX Options
- Index Options - Sector Based
- Index Options - Broad Based
The following protocols are available for accessing PHLX:
Nasdaq offers the following proprietary data products to support PHLX:
To subscribe to any of our market data products, please contact your Nasdaq Global Data Products Account Manager at +1 301 978 5307 or visit the Global Data Products Administration page to complete the appropriate agreements and forms.