NASDAQ OMX Electronic Traded Funds
The World's Largest Exchange for ETFs
The SEC Approves NASDAQ OMX's Market Quality Program (MQP)! Click here for more information.
Based on trading volume, The NASDAQ Stock Market is the world’s largest exchange for exchange traded funds (ETFs). The NASDAQ ETF Market is a competitive listing venue designed specifically for ETFs. Leveraging NASDAQ’s strength in trading, indexing, investor outreach, and sourcing liquidity, we are poised to help sponsors create, grow and evolve ETFs into liquid investment tools.
Designated Liquidity Provider Program
The centerpiece of The NASDAQ ETF Market is the Designated Liquidity Provider (DLP), a market maker who has been selected to maintain liquidity in qualified ETFs (i.e., Qualified Securities). NASDAQ requires DLPs to maintain a higher standard of market quality. DLPs receive economic incentives to support ETFs during their period of initial listing, when ETFs need to develop more active trading. DLPs are selected through a consultative process between ETF sponsors, market-making firms and NASDAQ.
Benefits for Issuers
A Full-Service Offering
The NASDAQ ETF Market is the only end-to-end solution available to the ETF issuer community. Our capabilities include:
- Indexing – NASDAQ OMX is a full-service Index provider with diverse indexes covering all asset classes. Our Global Indexes division is prepared with an index solution for any market. In addition, we provide independent, third-party custom index services and design solutions to financial organizations worldwide. Our capabilities allow the client to set unique parameters based on regions, sectors, theme, taxes, regulatory constraints, calculation methods or specific investment strategies to create the exact index needed. See a List of ETFs based on NASDAQ OMX indexes.
- Listing – We are a premier listing exchange for approximately 3,600 industry-leading companies from more than 50 countries representing all industry sectors and many of the world’s most well-known and innovative brands.
- Trading – We are the largest ETF exchange based on volume. Deep liquidity and transparency are at the core of our trading venue.
- Data Dissemination – NASDAQ OMX Global Data Products provide millions of traders and investors all over the world with strategic advantages, including superior speed, transparency, depth and flexibility of data management and delivery.
- Visibility – Be a part of our famous Opening/Closing Bell Ceremony or have your logo displayed on our seven-story Market Site Tower, sitting in the heart of Times Square in New York City. This is just one of the ways we can work with you to gain visibility.
- Superior Technology – NASDAQ is renowned for its high performance INET technology and has proven reliability with 99.99+% uptime. Firms count on NASDAQ for unsurpassed speed and tested capacity to execute trades quickly and efficiently.
New ETP Listings
- To learn more about the benefits of listing or trading on The NASDAQ ETF Market, please contact Walt Smith, Head of U.S. Equities and Revenue Management at +1 215 496 5532.