Thursday, May 06, 2010
Equity Trader Alert #2010 - 30
NASDAQ OMX Provides Update on Securities Affected by Market-Wide Clearly Erroneous Ruling
- Transaction Services U.S. Market Sales at +1 800 846 0477
What you need to know:
- Updated: NASDAQ OMX has updated the list of affected securities and their break points. Please refer to the updated list.
- NASDAQ OMXSM reported that we had no technology or system issues associated with the trading that occurred between 2:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m., ET, today, Thursday, May 6, 2010.
- Both NASDAQ® and NASDAQ OMX BXSM (BXSM) operated continuously and the NASDAQ Closing Cross ran successfully.
- There is no indication at this time that a NASDAQ market participant experienced a technological failure in connection with this event. There is also no indication that any member firm had a trade error on any NASDAQ OMX system.
- We have coordinated a process among U.S. Exchanges and therefore, pursuant to NASDAQ Rule 11890(b), NASDAQ, on its own motion, will cancel all trades executed between 14:40:00 and 15:00:00 greater than or less than 60% away from the consolidated last print in that security at 14:40:00 or immediately prior.
- This decision cannot be appealed. NASDAQ OMX has coordinated this decision with all other UTP Exchanges.
- NASDAQ will be canceling trades on the participant’s behalf.
- Refer to the list of affected securities and the break points on the NASDAQ OMX Trader® website.
Nasdaq (Nasdaq: NDAQ) is a leading global provider of trading, clearing, exchange technology, listing, information and public company services. Through its diverse portfolio of solutions, Nasdaq enables customers to plan, optimize and execute their business vision with confidence, using proven technologies that provide transparency and insight for navigating today's global capital markets. As the creator of the world's first electronic stock market, its technology powers more than 89 marketplaces in 50 countries, and 1 in 10 of the world's securities transactions. Nasdaq is home to 3,800 total listings with a market value of $11 trillion. To learn more, visit: business.nasdaq.com.