Friday, November 30, 2012
MFQS News #2012 - 6
NASDAQ OMX Will Modify the MFQS Fee Schedule In 2013
What you need to know:
What is changing?
Effective January 1, 2013, NASDAQ OMX will be modifying the following MFQS listing and application fees:
- MFQS Change Request Application Fee of $25 per instrument / symbol will be eliminated.
- MFQS Annual Listing Fee will be increased by $25 to $500 per instrument / symbol.
The MFQS New Instrument Application Fee and UIT Replacement Application Fee will remain unchanged.
NASDAQ OMX is modifying its fee schedule as part of the MFQS initiative to improve application turnaround time and data quality.
How is NASDAQ OMX planning to improve application turnaround time and data quality issues?
To reduce the MFQS application turnaround time, NASDAQ OMX will:
- Remove MFQS change request application fee.
- Outreach effort to educate firms on how to use the secured MFQS website for listing application submission and tracking purposes.
- Streamline and simplify the MFQS support page and application forms on the NASDAQ OMX Trader website.
To improve MFQS data quality, NASDAQ OMX will:
- Initiate a customer outreach effort to address non-pricing funds in the MFQS system.
- Reorganize MFQS Operations team to address data quality issues such as:
- Data errors or omissions in MFQS listing applications
- Data errors with live MFQS instruments (such as incorrect reporting intervals and incorrect CUSIP numbers)
- Work with the market data community to properly process MFQS late price entries and T+1 corrections.
When will the new MFQS fee structure go into effect?
The new MFQS fee structure will officially go into effect on January 1, 2013.
NASDAQ OMX will reflect the new MFQS listing fee of $500 per instrument / symbol on the 2013 annual invoice being sent to MFQS issuers and administrators on or about January 7, 2013.
NASDAQ OMX will remove MFQS change request application fee structure as of January 1, 2013. Effective immediately, firms should not remit processing fees for MFQS name/symbol change requests with an effective date of January 1, 2013 or later.
Where can I find additional information?
- Refer to the MFQS Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) document.
- Contact NASDAQ OMX Mutual Funds Operations at +1 877 308 0523.
- Contact NASDAQ OMX Global Data Products at +1 301 978 5307 (Option 4).
Subscribe to Email Alerts:
NASDAQ OMX is offering customers the ability to self select news delivery across various NASDAQ OMX markets. Create and maintain a profile for updating alert preferences and contact information. Visit the enrollment form on the NASDAQ Trader website and sign up today! Please note that if you choose to unsubscribe from an email list, you may no longer receive potentially critical emails from the NASDAQ Stock Market regarding NASDAQ's trading and data products, regulatory issues or marketplace initiatives.
About the NASDAQ OMX Group: The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. is the world's largest exchange company. It delivers trading, exchange technology and public company services across six continents, with more than 3,600 listed companies. NASDAQ OMX offers multiple capital raising solutions to companies around the globe, including its U.S. listings market, NASDAQ OMX Nordic, NASDAQ OMX Baltic, NASDAQ OMX First North, and the U.S. 144A sector. The company offers trading across multiple asset classes including equities, derivatives, debt, commodities, structured products and exchange-traded funds. NASDAQ OMX technology supports the operations of over 70 exchanges, clearing organizations and central securities depositories in more than 50 countries. NASDAQ OMX Nordic and NASDAQ OMX Baltic are not legal entities but describe the common offering from NASDAQ OMX exchanges in Helsinki, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Iceland, Tallinn, Riga, and Vilnius. For more information about NASDAQ OMX, visit www.nasdaqomx.com.