Featuring Velocity & Forces
Nasdaq Velocity & Forces (Nasdaq MAX) is designed to provide a new level of transparency for trading activity in Nasdaq. Nasdaq MAX offers customers new ways to analyze the markets through Nasdaq Velocity and Forces — pre-trade indications of price movement, momentum and liquidity.
Velocity & Forces Demo
Benefits and Features
The Nasdaq MAX data feed supports the following data elements for the full range of U.S. exchange-listed equities:
- Market Velocity and Forces Indictors – disseminated at one second intervals – based on displayable orders and non-displayable orders such as routed orders and Immediate-or-Cancel orders for Nasdaq-, NYSE- and MKT-listed issues entered into the Nasdaq trading system.
- Nasdaq exchange event messages to signal specific events including but not limited to market open, market close and halts.
- Expected order volume based on 21 days of historical data.
- Messages disseminated once a second, for each issue covered.
For the complete message layout for the Nasdaq Velocity and Forces feeds, please refer to the Nasdaq Market Velocity and Forces specification.
- Via web products: Firms may access the Velocity and Forces display screens via the Nasdaq DataStore web-based display product. For Nasdaq market participant firms, Nasdaq offers access to Nasdaq MAX data via its Nasdaq Workstation product. Nasdaq market data redistributors may also offer access via their display devices.
- Via Nasdaq direct data feed products: Trading firms and market data distributors may create a real-time display by processing direct Nasdaq data feed and FTP products. For detailed technical documentation for Nasdaq direct products, please refer to the Data Products Specifications page of the Nasdaq Trader website.
Please refer to the U.S Equities Price List for pricing information.
Agreements & Forms
To order Nasdaq Market Analytix, firms must submit the appropriate documentation below and receive prior approval from Nasdaq:
- Data Feed Request Form — Required for all firms.
- Nasdaq Global Data Agreement — Required for all firms prior to the initiation of the first Nasdaq data service only.
- System Application — Required for firms only if the data will be displayed or used in a system that is not yet approved by Nasdaq.