Thursday, March 29, 2012
Data News #2012 - 6
NASDAQ OMX Global Data Policies & System Application Update
- All Markets
- All Products
- NASDAQ OMX Global Data Products at +1 301 978 5307, Option #3 or +45 33 93 33 66
What you need to know:
- NASDAQ OMX® has published updated versions of the NASDAQ OMX Global Data Policies and the System Application.
- Distributors are to begin following the updated Global Data Policies as of the date the information was originally communicated in previously released Data News items or Nordic GDP Weekly Newsletters.
What is changing?
NASDAQ OMX has published an updated, consolidated version of the NASDAQ OMX Global Data Policies document. In order to streamline the ordering process, NASDAQ OMX continues to offer a single, consolidated data policies document for all NASDAQ OMX data products. Distributors are required to follow the updated version of the Global Data Policies as of the date the information was originally communicated in previously released Data New items or Nordic GDP Weekly Newsletters.
In addition, NASDAQ OMX has updated the System Application.
Which Data Policies have been updated?
NASDAQ OMX is publishing a newly formatted document that should streamline customer inquiries and allow Distributors to more easily reference the appropriate data policy.
NASDAQ OMX has also made the following additions/changes to the data policies:
- Changed of the delay timeframe for Global Index Components - delayed data is now fee liable at the regular underlying product rates
- Inclusion of the details regarding the products that are liable for the Annual Administrative Fees
- Instructions for Distributors for the reporting of Managed Data Solution and Enhanced Data Solution Subscribers
- Addition of new data products to the policy document including
- Commodities TotalView
- Event Driven Analytics
- Addition of Nordic Member information
- Inclusion of the policy information for Global Index Data Service Distributors and the associated Distributor fee charges that may apply
- Clarifications to the Unit of Count Policy, including the addition of the Managed Data Solution for Nordic data, as well as the Enhanced Data Solution
- Clarification Inclusion of the Nordic Managed Data Clarifications to the Retransmission Datafeed Policy
- Updates to the Detailed Usage Reporting Policy, including the addition of a new reporting format
In addition, in response to feedback from market data distributors and subscribers, NASDAQ OMX continues to utilize the plain English initiative, sponsored by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), as a guideline to improve our communication. NASDAQ OMX will continue to seek additional ways to improve the policy documents and fee schedule and will announce such revisions wherever possible.
What actions are required of market data Distributors?
Distributors are required to begin following the new version of the NASDAQ OMX Global Data Policies as of the date the information was originally communicated in previously released Data News items or Nordic GDP Newsletters.
Is a redline version of the Data Policies document offered?
No, a redline version is not available for this revision, as NASDAQ OMX has drastically improved this version with an entirely new format. NASDAQ OMX expects to offer redline documents for future updates.
How has the System Application been updated?
NASDAQ OMX has made the following updates to the system application:
- Clarified the Units of Count in a summary table; Managed Data Solution and Enhanced Data Solution are now included
- Moved system specific information related to product type into Appendices to simplify the process
- Clarified questions in each section
Where can I find the associated pricing information?
The full price lists are accessible at the following links:
Where can I find additional information?
- Refer to the NASDAQ OMX Global Data Products Operations page.
- Contact NASDAQ OMX Global Data Products at +1 301 978 5307, Option#3, or +45 33 93 33 66.
About the NASDAQ OMX Group: The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. is the world's largest exchange company. It delivers trading, exchange technology and public company services across six continents, with more than 3,600 listed companies. NASDAQ OMX offers multiple capital raising solutions to companies around the globe, including its U.S. listings market, NASDAQ OMX Nordic, NASDAQ OMX Baltic, NASDAQ OMX First North, and the U.S. 144A sector. The company offers trading across multiple asset classes including equities, derivatives, debt, commodities, structured products and exchange-traded funds. NASDAQ OMX technology supports the operations of over 70 exchanges, clearing organizations and central securities depositories in more than 50 countries. NASDAQ OMX Nordic and NASDAQ OMX Baltic are not legal entities but describe the common offering from NASDAQ OMX exchanges in Helsinki, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Iceland, Tallinn, Riga, and Vilnius. For more information about NASDAQ OMX, visit www.nasdaqomx.com.