Nasdaq BX TotalView-ITCH ("BX TotalView")
ITCH is the revolutionary Nasdaq outbound protocol
The Nasdaq Group, Inc. launched the Nasdaq BX (BX) market center on January 16, 2009. BX is a new Reg NMS protected quote for trading U.S. Equities.
In conjunction with the new BX market center, Nasdaq has introduced a proprietary data feed, Nasdaq BX TotalView-ITCH (BX TotalView), which provides order level data with market participant attribution for the new BX market center.
Benefits & Features
BX TotalView shows you every single quote and order at every price level in Nasdaq-, NYSE-, NYSE Alternext- and regional-listed securities for the new market center. The data feed does the following:
- Provides full order depth using a series of order messages to track the life of a customer order and support market participant attribution available in BX
- Offers trade data for BX executions that occur within the BX market
- Supports administrative messages, such as:
- Trading Action messages used to inform market participants when a security is halted or released for trading
- Symbol Directory messages to provide basic security data such as the market tier and Financial Status Indicator
- Market Participant Position message to carry the Primary Market Maker status, Market Participant status and Market Maker mode fields used by some firms to comply with market regulations
The data available via BX TotalView allows you to:
- View all displayed quotes and orders attributed to specific market participants
- Access total displayed anonymous interest
- See total size of all displayed quotes and orders
At this time, Nasdaq recommends that firms interested in BX TotalView process the direct data feed. Using this data feed, market participant firms and market data distributors may create real-time display products and automated trading applications. For detailed technical information, please refer to the Market Data technical specifications page on the Nasdaq Trader website.
Please refer to the U.S Equities Price List for pricing information.