Monday, October 01, 2012
Data News #2012 - 17
NASDAQ OMX PHLX Announces Market Data Subscriber Fees, Effective January 1, 2013
- NASDAQ OMX PHLX
- PHLX Depth of Market
- PHLX Orders
- Top of PHLX Options (TOPO)
- TOPO Plus PHLX Orders
- NASDAQ OMX Global Data Products at +1 301 978 5307
What you need to know:
- Effective Tuesday, January 1, 2013, NASDAQ OMX PHLXSM (PHLX®) will implement market data fees for the PHLX market data feeds for both internal and external users, subject to filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- The monthly Subscriber fees include access to all PHLX products received.
What are the PHLX market data feeds?
The PHLX market currently consists of four distinct market datafeed products:
- The new PHLX Depth of Market provides the full depth of simple orders and quotes, net order imbalance information for the opening cross and last sale data.
- Top of PHLX Options (TOPO) provides the same Best Bid and Offer (BBO) and last sale information that are sent to the Options Price Reporting Authority (OPRA).
- PHLX Orders provides the full depth of simple and complex orders on the PHLX order book. This feed also includes opening imbalance messages and Price Improvement XL (PIXL) data.
- TOPO Plus Orders is a data product entitlement that includes both the TOPO and PHLX Orders data feeds.
What is the new subscriber fee schedule for the PHLX market data feeds?
As of January 1, 2013, PHLX market data feeds will be subject to the following monthly Subscriber fees for both internal and external users:
|Subscriber Fee Schedule for PHLX Market Data Feeds*||Monthly Fee|
|Professional||$40 per Subscriber|
|Non-Professional||$1 per Subscriber|
|Enterprise License for Internal Non-display Usage||$10,000 per Firm|
*The monthly subscriber fee should be reported once for PHLX, not once per datafeed. For example, if a firm has one Professional Subscriber accessing TOPO, PHLX Orders and PHLX Depth, the firm should only report the Subscriber once and pay $40, not $120.
Does this change the current TOPO Plus Orders subscriber fee?
The current $20 per month fee for External Professional Subscribers will be increased to $40 per month. Internal Professional Subscribers are now also subject to the $40 per month fee. Note, the $1 per month Non-Professional Subscriber fee will not change.
In addition, Internal use of PHLX data is no longer free of charge.
Where can I find the PHLX market data technical interface specifications?
Specification documents are available on the Market Data Technical Specification page on the NASDAQ OMX Trader® website. For your convenience, the links are also provided below:
- PHLX Depth of Market Technical Specifications
- TOPO Technical Specifications
- PHLX Orders Technical Specifications
Note, the TOPO specifications are the same as the NOM BONO and BX Options Top specifications. In addition, PHLX Depth specifications are very similar to ITTO and BX Options Depth specifications.
What do firms need to do to connect to the PHLX data feeds?
If your firm is not currently subscribed to the PHLX data feed, please complete the following agreements:
- Data Feed Request Form - Required for all firms to order a datafeed containing PHLX information
- NASDAQ OMX Global Data Agreement - Required for all firms prior to initiation of the first NASDAQ OMX datafeed service only
- System Application - Required for firms only if the data will be displayed or used in a system that is not yet approved by NASDAQ OMX
If you need help with the application process, please contact your NASDAQ OMX Account Manager.
Where can I find additional information?
- Refer to the NASDAQ OMX PHLX page on the NASDAQ OMX Trader website.
- Contact NASDAQ OMX Global Data Products at +1 301 978 5307.
Subscribe to Email Alerts:
NASDAQ OMX is offering customers the ability to self select news delivery across various NASDAQ OMX markets. Create and maintain a profile for updating alert preferences and contact information. Visit the enrollment form on the NASDAQ Trader website and sign up today! Please note that if you choose to unsubscribe from an email list, you may no longer receive potentially critical emails from the NASDAQ Stock Market regarding NASDAQ's trading and data products, regulatory issues or marketplace initiatives.
About the NASDAQ OMX Group: The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. is the world's largest exchange company. It delivers trading, exchange technology and public company services across six continents, with more than 3,600 listed companies. NASDAQ OMX offers multiple capital raising solutions to companies around the globe, including its U.S. listings market, NASDAQ OMX Nordic, NASDAQ OMX Baltic, NASDAQ OMX First North, and the U.S. 144A sector. The company offers trading across multiple asset classes including equities, derivatives, debt, commodities, structured products and exchange-traded funds. NASDAQ OMX technology supports the operations of over 70 exchanges, clearing organizations and central securities depositories in more than 50 countries. NASDAQ OMX Nordic and NASDAQ OMX Baltic are not legal entities but describe the common offering from NASDAQ OMX exchanges in Helsinki, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Iceland, Tallinn, Riga, and Vilnius. For more information about NASDAQ OMX, visit www.nasdaqomx.com.